You probably know all the basics when it comes to how to make vape juice, so now let’s actually begin making it. In this guide we will be using volumetric mixing. We will be using a sample for the sake of clarity so you can understand just what it entails when you want to try out your own measurements.
- Starting nicotine concentration: 48mg/ml nicotine solution in propylene glycol
- Desired or Ending nicotine: 3mg/ml
- Desired volume of e-juice: 60ml
- Desired flavor percentage: 10%
- Desired flavor: Single flavor (pick any one of your choice)
- Desired ratio of VG/PG: 80/20
Now that we are all on the same page, we get right to the preparation. Make sure you have your gloves and face shields or goggles on when you are handling these solutions. Here is what you do next:
- Prepare your workstation i.e. get all of your DIY vape juice supplies on a hard and flat surface with lots of space so everything is comfortable. You can use a table or a counter as your workstation.
- Choose the amount of e-juice that you want to make and find a bottle that will contain it. In this case we will be using 60ml as out desired amount. Make sure to use a bottle with a little extra space because you will need to do a lot of shaking when you are done mixing.
- Once you have everything in place, you will need to combine the nicotine solution, vegetable glycerin and propylene glycol base, and your choice flavoring together. The order in which you put them does not really matter, what really matters is your measurements and the quality of your ingredients. Buy your flavors from flavorah as they ensure you get high-quality flavoring so your e-juice will taste absolutely amazing.
The E-Juice Math
Okay so we just ran through the whole process but now let us get to the details. Once you have all your ingredients and your supplies ready on your workstation, here’s what you do next. First of all, do not just go about mixing ingredients randomly, remember we have a sample of the end result we expect once we are done mixing. You are going to have to do a little math, and do not worry, it’s nothing you cannot handle.
First of all, get 3 containers for the VG, PG and nicotine solution. You will need to decide the concentration of nicotine you will want in your e-juice. In this case, we have 3mg/ml as our desired concentration of nicotine. Next is the equation that you will use to find out how much volume you will need. First let us calculate the volume of flavor we will be using. With respect to our sample, the equation will go like this:
Flavor percentage (%) x desired volume of e-juice = volume of flavor concentrate needed
0.1 (or 10%) x 60ml = 6ml of flavoring (whichever flavor you choose)
Next we calculate the amount of VG and PG you will be adding. Using our 80/20 sample ratio, the equation will go like this:
60ml x 0.8VG (or 80%) = 48ml of vegetable glycerin needed
60ml x 0.2PG (or 20%) = 12ml of propylene glycol needed
Don’t go add the PG just yet. You first have to subtract the volumes of the liquid nicotine and flavoring from the total PG so you can get an accurate 80/20 VG/PG blend. This is what you will do:
12ml PG – 3.75ml of PG based nicotine – 6ml of PG flavoring = 2.25ml of 100% PG needed.
Now that we have all the math figured out, you can go back to the mixing.
- Add in the correct volumes as we just calculate into an empty e-juice bottle.
- Cover the bottle and shake vigorously to make sure everything mixes properly
- Lastly, clean up your workstation and all the supplies you used.
Some people rather allow their e-juice steep for some time, but that is a matter of choice. You can vape your creation immediately you are done if you want to. Now that you know the e-juice math, you no longer have to worry about how to make my vape calculator. You can input your own requirements in the equations and get amazing results.